As the oldest and largest school within Georgetown University, Georgetown College promotes an education of the whole person—mind, body, and spirit. Intellectual vitality, a global viewpoint, and a dedication to service are at the core of the College experience.
Applying to Georgetown College
Applicants should visit the Office of Undergraduate Admissions website for extensive application information and deadlines. When applying to the College, students choose one of three options:
- Undeclared: Students who apply as undeclared majors will select a major at the end of their sophomore year. Students who have a strong interest in languages or sciences are encouraged to apply for those majors.
- Faculty of Languages and Linguistics: The Faculty of Languages and Linguistics (FLL) is a unique program within the College with a special commitment to the study of linguistics and languages, literature, and cultures other than English. Majors in the FLL can be combined with any other majors and minors available to College students. Because language acquisition is a long commitment, we ask applicants to indicate their choice of major on their application. Students admitted to the FLL must enroll in a course in the major each semester of the first year.
- Science and Mathematics: Students who wish to pursue a major in the sciences should choose their area of interest on their application. The computer science, mathematics, and physics departments offer both Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees. First-year coursework is identical for both degrees, and students will confirm which degree they wish to pursue at the end of their first year.
Students may also choose pre-medical studies in addition to any of the options above.
Optional Supplemental Materials: Music, Theater, Dance, and Studio Art
If you wish to submit additional supporting materials, please see the following instructions.
- Music: If you have musical talent that you would like to be evaluated along with your application, please find specific instructions for submitting additional materials on the Department of Performing Arts website.
- Theater: If you think your theatrical ability will help your application, please find specific instructions for submitting additional materials on the Department of Performing Arts website.
- Dance: If you think your dance ability will help your application, please find specific instructions for submitting additional materials on the Department of Performing Arts website.
- Studio Art: All art portfolios/supplements must be submitted on a disk with up to 20 images. Images must be in jpg format (72 dpi and no larger than 400k bytes), not in PowerPoint presentations. Other forms of art portfolios, such as photographs of artwork or original artwork, will not be accepted. The disk should be submitted in a protective case to the undergraduate admissions office with a label indicating the student’s name.
Applicants seeking graduate admissions information for College departments should contact the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.