Baker Scholars Program Application
A joint team of Baker Trustees and Program Administrators from the Georgetown College Dean’s Office reviews all completed applications and selects a group of candidates for interviews through a highly selective process. Current Baker Scholars conduct interviews with semi-finalists. Finalists will spend part of a day in more intensive interviews with small groups of Baker Trustees and Administrators. Based on an evaluation of the candidates’ applications, feedback from Scholar interviews, and results of the small group interviews, the Trustees and Administrators select the incoming class of Baker Scholars. These students are eligible to receive financial assistance based on need as determined by the University’s Office of Student Financial Services.
Note: Bakers Scholars are required to be on campus and part of the program for a minimum of three semesters. Therefore, students who plan to spend the entirety of their junior year abroad are ineligible.
- Read the application carefully and follow the instructions explicitly.
- Complete the application, adhering to the word limits for each question. If a question does not apply to you, please respond Not Applicable for that question.
- Submit a one-page résumé through the online application system. This résumé should outline your education, activities, community service, and employment history. It must be submitted in PDF form.
- Provide one letter of recommendation from an individual who can speak to your character. We recommend a Georgetown professor or administrator, coach, high school teacher or counselor, or employer. Provide the recommendation form to your recommender in advance of the deadline. Your recommender must email the recommendation to Ms. Candace Mosely, email@example.com, Program Coordinator, Office of the Dean, no later than 12:00 noon ET on Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
If you should need to reach Ms. Mosely by phone, her number is (202) 687-4744.
- Information sessions with current Baker Scholars will be held on the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, December 11, 2018, at 6:00 pm in ICC 108
- Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 2:00 pm in ICC 108
- Tuesday, January 15, 2019, at 8:00 pm in ICC 108
- Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 2:00 pm in ICC 108
- Wednesday, January 23, 2019, at 8:00 pm in ICC 103
- Application deadline, including letter of recommendation and résumé: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 12:00 pm noon ET
- Email notification of their status from Ms. Candace Mosely to all applicants: Monday, March 11, 2019
- Semi-finalist interviews with current Baker Scholars: Monday, March 11 – Sunday, March 17, 2019
- Email notification of their status from Ms. Mosely to all semi-finalists: Monday, March 25, 2019
- On-campus interviews for finalists with Trustees and Administrators: Friday, April 5, 2019
- Selection results announced by phone from Ms. Mosely to each finalist: Saturday, April 6, 2019 by 1:00 pm
- Welcome Luncheon for the Baker Scholars Class of 2021: Saturday, April 6, 2019, from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
Note: You may wish to see the questions and draft your responses ahead of time. You will not be able to save a partially completed application.