Applying to the Program
Each year, a small number of Georgetown University College of Arts & Sciences sophomores are selected through a rigorous application and interview process. Applications are reviewed by a group of Baker Scholar Trustees and program administrators from the Georgetown University College of Arts & Sciences Dean’s Office, followed by interviews with current Baker Scholars. Selected finalists are invited to participate in a one-day series of interviews with groups of Baker Scholar Trustees and the decanal representative, to inform final selections.
Baker Scholars are required to be on campus and part of the program for a minimum of three semesters. Therefore, students who plan to spend the entirety of their junior year abroad are not eligible. Likewise, students that study abroad for a semester and are planning on graduating early may not be a part of the program.
Current Baker Scholars hold a series of information sessions prior to and during the application period. One information session will be held in the fall semester and four information sessions will be held in the spring semester. Prospective applicants should plan to attend at least one of the information sessions.
Please check back in Fall 2023 for additional events that are open to potential applicants…
The Baker Scholars Program Application Form will be available to applicants from the Class of 2026 in early January 2024. The application deadline will be Wednesday, January 31, 2024, at 12:00 pm noon ET.
- Read the application carefully and follow the instructions explicitly.
- Complete the application, adhering to the word limits for each question. If a question does not apply to you, please respond Not Applicable for that question.
- Submit a one-page résumé through the online application system. This résumé should outline your education, activities, community service, and employment history. It must be submitted in PDF form.
- Provide one letter of recommendation from an individual who can speak to your character. We recommend a Georgetown professor or administrator, coach, high school teacher or counselor, or employer. Provide the recommendation form (available in December 2023) to your recommender in advance of the deadline. Your recommender must email the recommendation to the Baker Scholars Program at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, January 31, 2024 at 12:00 pm noon ET.
Baker Scholars Program Application Form
will be available in January 2024.
Important Dates for Spring 2023
- Application deadline, including a letter of recommendation and résumé: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, at 12:00 pm noon ET
- Email notification of applicant’s status from Ms. Candace Mosely to all applicants: Friday, March 10, 2023
- Semi-finalist interviews with current Baker Scholars: Wednesday, March 15, 2023 – Wednesday, March 22, 2023
- Email notification of semi-finalist’s status from Ms. Candace Mosey to all semi-finalists: Monday, April 3, 2023
- Finalist Interviews with Trustees and Administrators: Friday, April 14, 2023
- Selection results announced by phone from Ms. Candace Mosely to each finalist: Saturday, April 15, 2023 by 12:00 pm
- Welcome Luncheon for the Baker Scholars Program Class of 2025: Saturday, April 15, 2023 at 1:00 pm
For more information, please contact Program Coordinator Candace Mosely at email@example.com.