Students apply to the Combined Plan Program during the spring of their junior or senior year. Guaranteed admission to the Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science’s undergraduate Combined Plan Program will be offered to applicants who have met the following requirements:
- Applicants must have been enrolled at Georgetown for at least the past 2 years.
- GPA requirements: For students starting at Georgetown prior to 2011, applicants must receive an overall GPA and a pre-engineering GPA of 3.0 or higher. For students starting at Georgetown in 2011 or later, an overall pre-engineering GPA of 3.3 or higher, as calculated by Columbia, is required. Additionally, the minimum grade for each pre-engineering science or math course must be a B or higher on the first attempt.
- Applicants must receive three favorable recommendations: one from Assistant Dean Ed Meyertholen and one from a science and math professor at Georgetown.
- Applicants must have successfully completed, by the end of the spring semester, a course load that includes the following:
- all prerequisite courses listed in the Combined Plan Curriculum Guide for the student’s intended major
- the major and core requirements prescribed by Georgetown
It is essential that applicants follow the Combined Plan Curriculum Guide as closely as possible. Completing all courses listed under an applicant’s intended major is necessary for guaranteed admission.
The application will be available in December. The preferred deadline is February 1, but applications will be accepted through March 15. A reply to an offer of admission must be postmarked by May 15.
Admission is offered for the fall semester only. A completed application must include all of the following:
- Part 1 and Part 2 of the Combined Plan application
- All official post-secondary school/college transcripts
- Any AP test scores
- A recommendation from your Combined Plan Program liaison, Assistant Dean Meyertholen
- Two faculty recommendations: one each from a science (biology, chemistry, physics, computer science, and human science) and a math instructor (math department only)
- Course descriptions of the courses that you have or are currently taking which fulfill the prerequisites prescribed in the Combined Plan Curriculum Guide