We know that you may have many questions about academic life in the College. This section answers the most common advising questions. If you do not find the answer to your question, please contact your dean or visit the dean’s office.
- Attend Summer School: Learn how to register and earn credit for summer school classes at Georgetown and other universities.
- Declare a major/minor: Learn the procedure to declare a major, change your major, and declare a minor.
- Fulfill my requirements: A basic review of the necessary requirements to graduate.
- Manage my schedule and exams: Learn how to add and remove courses, register for a course pass/fail, schedule conflict exams, and gain credit for internships or summer school.
- Plan for graduation: A list of deadlines for your senior year to ensure a smooth path to graduation.
- Study Abroad: Explore overseas study options, including at the university’s three international campuses in Italy, Turkey, and Qatar. Learn how to enroll abroad and how to transfer credits back to Georgetown.
- Update/review my credits: Learn how to receive credits for AP and IB exams, for coursework completed off campus, and for summer school.