The Georgetown University main campus is located in the Georgetown neighborhood on the far west side of Washington, D.C. For general information about the neighborhood or about other parts of the city, visit the DC Neighborhood Guide.
Getting to D.C. by plane
Washington, D.C. is served by three major airports:
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) is closest to campus (6 miles, or about 15 minutes by car or taxi). The airport is also connected to the city's metro system via the blue and yellow lines (stop is Ronald Reagan Washington National).
- Dulles International Airport (IAD) is about 25 miles from campus.
- Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI) is about 40 miles from campus.
Getting to D.C. by train
You can also arrive in the city by train. Union Station is the nearest railroad station, and there are daily Amtrak and Acela trains connecting D.C. to cities along the East Coast. Union Station is approximately 5 miles from campus and is connected to the city's metro system via the red line (stop is Union Station).
Getting to campus
Parking on campus can be limited, especially during the work week. We encourage attendees to use cabs and other forms of public transportation to get around the city when possible.
- Cabs are usually available at the Main Gates to campus near the intersection of 37th and O Streets NW. Additional cabs are frequently available near the entrance to the Georgetown University Hotel & Conference Center (3800 Reservoir Rd NW). A typical cab ride to the Smithsonian museums, the National Mall, and the restaurants in downtown D.C. will cost no more than $20.
- Uber is widely used in the city. If you have the Uber app on your smartphone, a car is usually available for pick-up within 5 minutes.
- Public transportation
- There are two Metro stations within 2 miles of campus: Dupont Circle (red line) and Rosslyn (blue, orange, and silver). The metro is a convenient and inexpensive way to explore the D.C. area.
- A number of Metro buses serve the Georgetown neighborhood and can get you to nearby metro stations and to other neighborhoods in the city.
- The Georgetown University Transportation Shuttle (GUTS) buses drive regularly between campus and nearby metro stations, including Dupont Circle and Rosslyn. GUTS buses are free to ride for Georgetown visitors.
- Limited parking is available on campus in the Leavey Center garage and the Southwest garage. The daily parking rate is $20 and must be paid in cash. Detailed driving directions are available here.
Questions? Contact Shelby Roller at firstname.lastname@example.org.