College Commencement will be held on Saturday, May 18. We always hope for clear skies so that we can hold the ceremony outside on Healy Lawn at 9:00 a.m. If the ceremony is held outside, your guests do NOT need tickets for the general seating area. Seating is open, first come, first served. If any of your guests need special accommodations, please see more information below.
If it rains, College Commencement will be moved to McDonough Arena. We will hold two ceremonies: 9:00 a.m. for graduates with last names A-K and 11:30 a.m. for graduates with last names L-Z. Tickets are required for all guests. Graduates may claim up to six (6) tickets for their guests and may join a waitlist for up to two (2) additional tickets. Waitlist tickets should be requested by Wednesday, May 1. They will be released via lottery in early May.
Follow the steps below to claim your tickets:
- Log in at CollegeCommencementTickets.georgetown.edu with your NetID and password.
- Select your respective College Commencement Rain Site and claim your tickets.
- Print tickets and distribute to your guests. We will not accept mobile tickets. You will not be able to distribute tickets to your guests at Commencement, so please do this ahead of time.
Special Accommodation Tickets
If you have family members who require special accommodation seating or need sign language interpretation for Georgetown College Commencement, please complete the special accommodation seating request form by Wednesday, May 1. A good faith effort will be made to fulfill requests made after May 1.
- Two special seating sections are available for guests with mobility issues: a non-wheelchair section and a wheelchair section.
- Guests who need sign language interpretation will be seated in view of a sign language interpreter.
- If any of your guests need to borrow a wheelchair, they may pick up a complimentary wheelchair from Healy Circle. These will be reserved under the student's name. Valid identification will be required in order to claim the reserved wheelchair.
- Each group of guests in the non-wheelchair section or in the sign language interpretation section may be assisted by one companion. Each individual guest in the wheelchair section may be assisted by one companion.
- Special seating accommodations are not in shaded areas. Guests who are susceptible to the heat may wish to view the ceremony indoors at one of the remote viewing locations.
In the event of rain, those with special accommodation seating must present both their special accommodation tickets and their rain-site tickets to the ushers in McDonough Arena.