General Info About Applying
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions encourages you to learn more about the admissions process by exploring the information provided on their website.
- ALL Undergraduate Students: As an undergraduate student, you may apply as either a first-year or transfer applicant.
- International Students: As an International applicant to Georgetown, you will follow the same application procedure and deadlines as US citizens.
- Financial Resources: All applicants (including non-US citizens or non-permanent residents) are reviewed without consideration of a student’s financial resources. Financial aid helps make a Georgetown education possible for so many and is a key component of the University’s Jesuit, Catholic mission. This aid ensures that students admitted without regard to their ability to pay can afford to attend the university and continue through to graduation, thus fostering a socio-economically diverse student body where enrollment is based on academic talent, not the ability to pay. Please visit the Office of Student Financial Services for more information.
College of Arts & Sciences Options
- Option 1: Undeclared Students who apply as undeclared majors will select a major at the end of their sophomore year. Students who have a strong interest in languages or the sciences are encouraged to apply for those majors.
- Option 2: Faculty of Languages and Linguistics The Faculty of Languages and Linguistics (FLL) is a unique program within the College with a special commitment to studying linguistics and languages, literature, and cultures other than English.
- Option 3: Science and Mathematics Students who wish to pursue a major in the sciences should choose their area of interest on their application. The computer science, mathematics, and physics departments offer both Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees. First-year coursework is identical for both degrees, and students will confirm which degree they wish to pursue at the end of their first year.
- Pre-Health: Students may also choose pre-health studies in addition to any of the options above. Pre-health is not a major in itself; rather, the curriculum can be undertaken by any undergraduate student at Georgetown.
Optional Supplemental Materials: Music, Theater, Dance, and Studio Art
- Music: If you have musical talent that you would like to be evaluated along with your application, find specific instructions for submitting additional materials on the Department of Performing Arts website.
- Theater: If your theatrical ability will help your application, find specific instructions for submitting additional materials on the Department of Performing Arts website.
- Dance: If your ability will help your application, find specific instructions for submitting additional materials on the Department of Performing Arts website.
- Studio Art: If you have visual art talent that you would like to have evaluated along with your application, please find specific instructions on the Art and Art History website.
Diversity and Access
Georgetown University College of Arts & Sciences is proud to celebrate diversity and strives to make our community inclusive and welcoming to all in it. We celebrate our differences that make us a stronger community who treat each other with respect and dignity in the true spirit of the Jesuit tradition of Cura Personalis.
Georgetown actively seeks out and recruits highly talented, motivated students from all walks of life and diverse backgrounds. We invite prospective applicants to learn more about Georgetown’s dynamic, diverse, and talented community of students.
We encourage you to review the various University resources to find out more about the diversity presence on campus. If you have any questions about the student experience, resources, or admissions, please contact the Diversity & Access Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Undergraduate Admissions
To contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, call 202-687-3600 or visit the Office of Undergraduate Admissions website.
Contact Graduate Admissions
Applicants seeking graduate admissions information for College departments should contact the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.