Frequently Asked Questions
This section answers the most common advising questions. If you do not find the answer to your question, please contact your advisor or visit the dean’s office.
- Attend Summer School: Learn how to register and earn credit for summer school classes at Georgetown and other universities.
- Change your graduation date: Email your academic advisor to request a change to your graduation date.
- Declare a major/minor: Learn the procedure to declare a major, change your major, and declare a minor.
- Fulfill my requirements: A basic review of the necessary requirements to graduate.
- Manage my schedule and exams: Learn how to add and remove courses, register for a course pass/fail, schedule conflict exams, and gain credit for internships or summer school.
- Plan for graduation: A list of deadlines for your senior year to ensure a smooth path to graduation.
- Study Abroad: Explore overseas study options, including at the university’s two international campuses in Italy and Qatar. Learn how to enroll abroad and how to transfer credits back to Georgetown.
- Update/review my credits: Learn how to receive credits for AP and IB exams, for coursework completed off campus, and for summer school.