Frequently Asked Questions
This section answers the most common advising questions. If you do not find the answer to your question, please contact your advisor or visit the dean’s office.
Under advising, you will also find information on student resources, study abroad, summer school, and pre-professional programs.
- Attend Summer School: Learn how to register and earn credit for summer school classes at Georgetown and other universities.
- Change your graduation date: Email your academic advisor to request a change to your graduation date.
- Declare a major/minor: Learn the procedure to declare a major, change your major, and declare a minor.
- Fulfill my requirements: A basic review of the necessary requirements to graduate.
- Manage my schedule and exams: Learn how to add and remove courses, register for a course pass/fail, schedule conflict exams, and gain credit for internships or summer school.
- Plan for graduation: A list of deadlines for your senior year to ensure a smooth path to graduation.
- Study Abroad: Explore overseas study options, including at the university’s two international campuses in Italy and Qatar. Learn how to enroll abroad and how to transfer credits back to Georgetown.
- Update/review my credits: Learn how to receive credits for AP and IB exams, for coursework completed off campus, and for summer school.