Please mark your calendar for the following dates and deadlines to ensure a smooth path to graduation. Items marked with an asterisk (*) will be prompted by email, so it is important that you check your email regularly. Please see the Commencement FAQ for more information.
- August: Review your MyDegree audit through MyAccess.* Attend to problems as soon as possible. Ensure that summer transcripts, study abroad transcripts, and old AP/IB scores have been submitted. Make sure your academic program (major/minor/graduation date) is correct. Secure departmental approvals to apply outside credit to requirements.
- Early October: File the Application for the Degree.*
- Late October: Review your MyDegree audit again to plan your spring schedule.* Apply for part-time status if you are planning to be part time in the spring.*
- November: Preregister for spring classes.*
- Late November: Attend the dean’s reception for December candidates if you are graduating in December. The reception will be held on November 30, 2018 from 3:00–5:00 p.m. in Copley Formal Lounge. Invitations will be sent out to December graduates and their families in October.
- December: Review your MyDegree audit again.* If you are a May graduate, you should be clearing for May graduation. If there are any issues, you must work with your dean to resolve them as soon as possible.
- Late January: Dean’s office final review of MyDegree audits for May candidates.*
- February: Senior Parents Weekend: Pick up your cap, gown, and commencement invitations. Visit the Senior Parents Weekend website for more information.
- Mid February: Proof your name and high school information on the graduation list.*
- Early March: Nominate faculty/students for the Bunn and Spronck awards.* Voting occurs in April.
- Late April: Report post-graduation plans and pick up your graduation packet,* which includes rain-site tickets and line-up instructions.
- Friday, May 17, 2019
- Tropaia Reception
- Faculty of Languages and Linguistics Awards Ceremony
- Saturday, May 18, 2019, 9:00 a.m.: Georgetown College Commencement on Healy Lawn.
Rain site: McDonough Arena: 9:00 a.m. for last names A–K, 10:30 a.m. for last names L–Z