Transfer Internally to Georgetown University College of Arts & Sciences
The Spring 2023 application is now closed.
The Fall 2023 application will be available on this page during the first week of November 2023.
The Fall 2023 application deadline is Tuesday, December 5, 2023.
By applying to transfer internally to Georgetown University College of Arts & Sciences, you’re affirming that you have a full understanding of the College’s curriculum and have determined that the academic opportunities in the College align with your interests and goals. Before submitting your application, make sure you’ve completed the following steps:
1. Fully acquaint yourself with the College’s curriculum, including the core requirements and any major and minor programs that interest you.
View our core requirements.
2. Review the College’s academic regulations, as some policies differ across schools. For example, note:
- Limit of 6 MSB courses,
- Double counting rules between majors and minors,
- Sophomore “breadth” rules (no doubling up until junior year),
- Restrictions on Core courses completed away from Georgetown
3. Schedule an appointment to discuss your interest in the College and to talk over any concerns you might have about completing the degree. You should schedule your appointment with the College dean who would be assigned to you if you were to transfer to the College.
View the decanal assignments.
4. Schedule a meeting with your current academic dean and/or faculty advisor to discuss your decision.
5. Complete the application and submit it on or before the last day of classes.
View the application.
We will email you to confirm that we’ve received your application shortly after the application deadline. Included in that email will be the date by which you can expect to receive a decision.
Students must complete one year of study in the school to which they were admitted. Beyond the first year, students may apply to transfer at the conclusion of either the fall or spring semester.
To be eligible for internal transfer, students must be currently enrolled students pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Georgetown’s McDonough School of Business, Walsh School of Foreign Service, School of Nursing, or School of Health; in good academic and disciplinary standing; and have completed a full time schedule in the most recent semester.
The outcome of your application will be based on your academic record at Georgetown, your transfer application essay, and the viability of the academic program you are proposing.