Plan for Graduation
Georgetown University plans host an in-person Commencement for the Class of 2022, subject to public health conditions. The Georgetown College ceremony is planned for Saturday, May 21 on Healy Lawn (Rain Site: McDonough Arena). Visit commencement.georgetown.edu for full details.
Please mark your calendar for the following dates and deadlines to ensure a smooth path to graduation. Items marked with an asterisk (*) will be prompted by email, so it is important that you check your email regularly. Please see the Commencement FAQ for more information.
- August: Review your MyDegree audit through MyAccess.* Attend to problems as soon as possible. Ensure that summer transcripts, study abroad transcripts, and old AP/IB scores have been submitted. Make sure your academic program (major/minor/graduation date) is correct. Secure departmental approvals to apply outside credit to requirements.
- October – November:
- Review your MyDegree audit again to plan your spring schedule.*
- Apply for part-time status if you are planning to be part-time in the spring.*
- December – January:
- Register for spring classes.
- File the Application for the Degree.*
- Review your MyDegree audit once your schedule is finalized.* If you are a May graduate, you should be clearing for May graduation. If there are any issues, you must work with your dean to resolve them as soon as possible.
- Senior Parents Weekend: Visit the Senior Parents Weekend website for more information.
- March – April:
- Nominate and vote for faculty/students for the Bunn and Spronck awards.*
- Proof your name and high school information.*
- May: Refer to the Commencement page for dates and pertinent information.