Plan for Graduation
Please mark your calendar for the following dates and deadlines to ensure a smooth path to graduation. Items marked with an asterisk (*) will be prompted by email, so it is important that you check your email regularly. Please see the Commencement FAQ for more information.
- August: Review your MyDegree audit through MyAccess.* Attend to problems as soon as possible. Ensure that summer transcripts, study abroad transcripts, and old AP/IB scores have been submitted. Make sure your academic program (major/minor/graduation date) is correct. Secure departmental approvals to apply outside credit to requirements.
- Early October: File the Application for the Degree.*
- Late October: Review your MyDegree audit again to plan your spring schedule.* Apply for part-time status if you are planning to be part time in the spring.*
- November: Register for spring classes.*
- Early December: Attend the dean’s reception for December candidates if you are graduating in December. Invitations will be sent out to December graduates and their families in October.
- December: Review your MyDegree audit again.* If you are a May graduate, you should be clearing for May graduation. If there are any issues, you must work with your dean to resolve them as soon as possible.
- Late January: Dean’s office final review of MyDegree audits for May candidates.*
- February: Senior Parents Weekend: Pick up your cap, gown, and commencement invitations. Visit the Senior Parents Weekend website for more information.
- Mid February: Proof your name and high school information on the graduation list.*
- Early March: Nominate faculty/students for the Bunn and Spronck awards.* Voting occurs in April.
- April: Report post-graduation plans, claim your rain-site tickets, and review line-up instructions.*
- May: Refer to the Commencement page for dates and pertinent information.