Plan for Graduation
Class of 2021, please note: Commencement weekend is currently scheduled for May 21-23, 2021. In the time ahead, we will develop our plans and communicate updates based on federal and state guidance as our planning for these dates advances.
Please mark your calendar for the following dates and deadlines to ensure a smooth path to graduation. Items marked with an asterisk (*) will be prompted by email, so it is important that you check your email regularly. Please see the Commencement FAQ for more information.
- August: Review your MyDegree audit through MyAccess.* Attend to problems as soon as possible. Ensure that summer transcripts, study abroad transcripts, and old AP/IB scores have been submitted. Make sure your academic program (major/minor/graduation date) is correct. Secure departmental approvals to apply outside credit to requirements.
- October – November:
- Review your MyDegree audit again to plan your spring schedule.*
- Apply for part-time status if you are planning to be part-time in the spring.*
- File the Application for the Degree.*
- Register for spring classes.
- Review your MyDegree audit again.* If you are a May graduate, you should be clearing for May graduation. If there are any issues, you must work with your dean to resolve them as soon as possible.
- January: The Dean’s Office conducts a final review of MyDegree audits for May candidates.*
- Senior Parents Weekend: Pick up your cap, gown, and commencement invitations. Visit the Senior Parents Weekend website for more information.
- Proof your name and high school information on the graduation list.*
- March: Nominate faculty/students for the Bunn and Spronck awards.*
- Vote for the Bunn and Spronck awards.*
- Claim your rain-site tickets.*
- Review Commencement line-up instructions.*
- May: Refer to the Commencement page for dates and pertinent information.