Welcome! The Guide to Preregistration is designed to acquaint new Georgetown College students with core requirements, important details about preregistration, and key facts to keep in mind when creating a semester schedule.
Consult each of the following resources as you begin to assemble your spring schedule:
- Our Guide to Preregistration, which contains (1) detailed information on core requirements, (2) special information for pre-med students, (3) quick reference charts for AP and IB credit, and (4) instructions on building your class schedule.
- A set of video tutorials designed to walk you through the mechanics of preregistration.
- Language placement guidelines for students seeking to (1) determine appropriate placement for the purposes of course enrollment, (2) place out of the language requirement in a language they have studied previously, and/or (3) confirm AP, IB, or other credit in a foreign language.
- Full AP and IB credit policies.
- Guidelines on calculus readiness, with a link to the math department’s calculus readiness test.
- A preregistration checklist as well as a list of frequently asked questions.
Questions? You can find contact information for your advisor on the Find Your Dean page here on our website.