Welcome! The Guide to Preregistration is designed to acquaint new Georgetown College students with core requirements, important details about preregistration, and key facts to keep in mind when creating a semester schedule.
Consult each of the following resources as you begin to assemble your fall schedule:
- A pdf of the Guide to Preregistration, which contains (1) detailed information on core requirements, (2) special information for pre-med students, (3) quick reference charts for AP and IB credit, and (4) instructions on building your fall class schedule. If your vision is impaired, please download this Word file, which your computer should be able to read out loud.
- A set of video tutorials designed to walk you through the mechanics of preregistration.
- Sample course schedules provided to help you pick classes for the fall semester.
- Language placement guidelines for students seeking to (1) determine appropriate placement for the purposes of course enrollment, (2) place out of the language requirement in a language they have studied previously, and/or (3) confirm AP, IB, or other credit in a foreign language.
- Full AP and IB credit policies.
- Guidelines on calculus readiness, with a link to the math department’s calculus readiness test.
- Our Supplemental Information Form (SIF), which should be completed if you (1) have taken IB exams or other international exams, (2) took college courses while in high school, and/or (3) have advanced proficiency in a language not taught at Georgetown.
- A preregistration checklist as well as a list of frequently asked questions.
Questions? You can find contact information for your advisor on the Find Your Dean page here on our website.