Welcome! The Guide to Preregistration section of the College website is designed to supplement the printed Guide to Preregistration, which is mailed annually in late June.
In this Guide to Preregistration section of our website, you will find:
- A pdf version of the printed Guide to Preregistration, which contains (1) detailed information on core requirements, (2) special information for pre-med students, (3) quick reference charts for AP and IB credit, and (4) a guide to building your fall class schedule.
- A set of video tutorials designed to walk you through the mechanics of preregistration.
- Language placement guidelines for students seeking to (1) determine appropriate placement for the purposes of course enrollment, (2) place out of the language requirement in a language they have studied previously, and/or (3) confirm AP, IB, or other credit in a foreign language.
- Full AP and IB credit policies.
- Guidelines on calculus readiness, with a link to the math department’s calculus readiness test.
- Our Supplemental Information Form (SIF), which should be completed if you (1) have taken IB exams or other international exams, (2) took college courses while in high school, and/or (3) have advanced proficiency in a language not taught at Georgetown.
- A preregistration checklist as well as a list of frequently asked questions.
Questions? You can find contact information for your dean in the printed Guide to Preregistration and on the Find Your Dean page here on our website.